Soapbox is a non-partisan website that allows users to 1) look up a sample election ballot by address or to look up specific candidates for elected office or look up specific propositions, Measures and initiatives. 2) Create or join groups such as political parties, organizations, charities, non-profits, special interest, businesses, clubs, churches, and any other type of group that doesn't go against our policy on supporting anyone or anything that advocates violence and intends to cause harm to anyone or anything due to prejudice, hatred, or discrimination. 3) Store information on the user/voters views, beliefs and priorities that can be used to compare to candidates, propositions, measures and groups. 4) provide news tailored to defined political interest.
This legal agreement ("Agreement") is made between you (the user/voter) and Soapbox. This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, applies to all users of Soapbox.
Please read this Agreement carefully before using or registering with Soapbox. By registering on Soapbox, you become a Soapbox member, and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to be a member. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT REGISTER ON SOAPBOX. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY US AT ANY TIME, EFFECTIVE UPON NOTICE TO YOU IN THE FORM OF EMAIL NOTIFICATION AND OR NOTICE ON OUR WEBSITE.
You agree to use the services of Soapbox solely or personal, not-for-profit or educational purposes.
Member vs. nonmember services provided.
As a non member of the site you have limited access to certain areas and functions of the website. Soapbox uses features from facebook and you may be limited to what you can do if you do not have a facebook account as well. Facebook features include but are not limited to creating and joining groups, discussions and profiles. As a non member you will be able to search our sample ballots by address and search for candidate profiles, propositions, measures, initiatives, and groups. You will be able to read news articles without becoming a Member. You may view and print your sample ballot and view Profiles and Organizational endorsements, provided that if we detect excessive use which we view as abuse, we may limit or terminate your access to Soapbox.
As a member without a facebook account you will be able to 1) save your home location that will keep your ballot information current. 2) keep information about local and national groups of interest. 3) be able to follow other members blogs 4) have other people follow you ( if you are not anonymous). 4) be able to align with groups and parties. 5) support candidates & propositions
As a member with a facebook account that is linked to your soapbox account you will be able to join and create groups. You will be able to participate in certain discussions.
As a candidate – you are first required to have a standard account before you are able to build your candidate profile. Your voter profile must be complete which includes the easy vote questionnaire.
If you are representing your client (as a campaign manager) who is running for office then you must both have an account. If your treasurer is someone other than the candidate or the campaign manager then they too must have an account as well as a PayPal account that is set up for the campaign contributions. We recommend that you start a facebook account here
if you have not already done so.
If you are representing a political party or an existing group then you must have a completed voter profile.
Soapbox will not verify a group unless it is requested. There are different levels of verification. Each level is shown to the public as a badge under the profile. Verification is based on the following criteria and soapbox doesn't endorse or promote any group or individual through verification. It is only used to help establish credibility to that group or person. Other than what is described above soapbox cannot guarantee that the group or individual is who they say they are and is in no way responsible for actual damages that may occur from such problems.
Who may become a member: At this time any adult US citizen may become a member. MINORS MAY NOT BECOME MEMBERS. By becoming a Member, You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. By using Soapbox, you represent and warrant that you have the right, capacity and authority to enter into our agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement. Your membership for the service soapbox provides is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your membership, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. If you have a facebook account that is merged with your Soapbox account and merge your personal account with your business page on your facebook account then you will need to delete your existing account and create a new Soapbox account.
As a Member, You agree that:
The following is a partial, but not exhaustive, list of the types of actions that are illegal or prohibited under this Agreement:
- You will use Soapbox in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. You will not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any commercial products or services through Soapbox. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other members. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor and/or mediate disputes between you and other members.
- You are solely responsible for the content or information you publish/display/post on Soapbox, or transmit to other members. You will not post on Soapbox, or transmit to other members or to us or our employees, any illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights. We reserve the right but we make no obligation, to reject any profile or photo that does not comply with the prohibitions set forth in this section. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at our sole discretion.
- By becoming a Member, You agree to accept and consent to receiving email communications initiated from Soapbox or through Soapbox including, without limitation: message notification emails, emails which we feel are relevant to your use of Soapbox and emails informing you of changes to Soapbox or our Terms and Conditions. Should you not wish to receive any of our email communications, please do not register with Soapbox. We do not share your email with third parties unless legally required to do so, or unless you specifically agree.
- You agree that Soapbox will have no responsibility or liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to store any messages or other content maintained or transmitted by Soapbox. You acknowledge that features, parameters or other services Soapbox provides could change at any time. you acknowledge that we reserve the right to sign out, terminate, delete or purge your account from Soapbox if it is inactive. "Inactive" means that you have not signed in to the service for a particular period of time, as determined by us, in our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to sign out, terminate, delete or purge your Candidate Profile or Organizational Profile from Soapbox at any time following the relevant election for which payment was made.
- Our customer service employees are here to make your online experience enjoyable by providing assistance and guidance to you. When speaking to our customer service employees on the telephone or communicating with them by any other means, you agree not to be abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing or racially offensive. Should any of our customer service employees feel, at any point, threatened or offended by your conduct, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your membership and you shall not be entitled to the refund of any payments we have received from you. We are entitled to investigate and terminate your membership if you have misused Soapbox or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful or illegal.
- You will not harass or impersonate any person or entity.
- You will not use any manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or, in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of Soapbox or its contents.
- You will not express or imply that any of your statements are endorsed by us, without Our specific prior written consent.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt Soapbox, our servers or networks.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce, in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on Soapbox or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through Soapbox.
- You will not use meta tags, code or other devices containing any reference to us or Soapbox in order to direct any person to any other website for any purpose, other than links which We have agreed.
- You will not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of Soapbox or any software used on or for Soapbox or cause or enable others to do so.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware.
Indemnity - you will defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties harmless, for any losses, costs, liabilities or expenses relating to or arising out of your use of Soapbox
All intellectual property rights in and to Soapbox are and shall be owned by us, absolutely. Those rights include, but are not limited to, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), patents, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, wherever existing in the world, together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in Soapbox are the property of their respective owners.
At this time, most of the news and blog links go to third party sites to allow you explore beyond the information we display. Just remember, when you leave Soapbox, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that site and we can't guarantee the accuracy of their information.
All disputes will be settled in Santa Clara County, Ca.
These terms and conditions are still being modified, adjusted, and created being that we are a new entity. Please use common sense and remember the golden rule. If there are any problems questions or concerns you can always contact us and we will do our best to help.